- Brand new law society catering for both law and non-law students.
- Our main aims are:
- To set up a mentoring scheme to help with future law students.
- To hold debates and moots once a month with big events scheduled in.
- To make ourselves known to the wider community of law schools.
- To network with law firms within York and throughout the UK.
- To gain experience for future careers through talks and advice given from visiting speakers.
- To schedule regular court visits and to hold law events that focus on public speaking, cv skills as well as further training to help students academically and with future aspirations.
- To hold fundraising events to be able to host monthly society social events and to organise a Summer Formal to mark the end of the year.
- We meet once a week and membership is £15 for the full year.
- Follow us on social media – YSJLawSociety