P-E Blog | Wall Art Competition!
Published: 21st May 2018, 1:00pm
After working closely with ILE (that's the Library and IT Folk to you and me) this year, I am so excited to announce that we are launching an exciting Wall Art competition! Open to all students, we're looking for someone to create a piece of art that embodies the idea of 'Inspiring Learning'. The winning artwork will then be put onto the main wall of the ground floor of Fountains (the big white wall to the left of the revolving door!) in time for Freshers Week - how cool is that?!
Think this is your cup of tea? Then see below for all the competition details:
What: Wall art design around the theme of ‘Inspiring Learning’ - one of the University’s Strategic Objectives. To fulfil the theme, consider capturing through art:
- What inspiring learning means to you, to your friends, to classmates, to colleagues and to the communities around York.
- The inspiring learning you have experienced whilst here at York St John University.
- Why inspiring learning is important.
Your design will be scaled up to the appropriate size for the space.
- Where: Ground Floor Fountains, to the left of the entrance to the library.
- Landscape 1:1.5 (height:width)
- Who: Any York St John University student. Your design will receive full attribution on the wall where it is displayed.When: The deadline is 15th June 2018
- How: Please submit your design either in hard copy to the Service Desk in Fountains Learning Centre, or electronically to [email protected] .
Please make sure you include your name and your student number with your submission.
The winner will be announced in Summer 2018. The winning design will be produced and installed in time for Welcome Week 2018/19.