P-E Blog | Charity, charity & more charity!
Published: 12th February 2018, 1:00pm
Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a chill start to the new year and new semester! One thing that Semester 2 is famed for is its abundance of charity events run by our Sports & Societies.
If any of you were at the Super Bowl LII, you would have seen our YSJ Jaguars run a tuck shop and raffle charity event, which was a great success. Also YSJ Dance recently ran a speed-dating event to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, and our Basketball club ran a fantastic Halftime Show between their BUCS games.
So far we have a whole host of events booked into our calendars - make sure you keep these dates in your diary!
- Netball: Charity Netball Tournament (1pm, 28th Feb)
- Ladies Football: Lip Sync Battle (7pm, 16th Feb)
- Big Band: Big Band Idol (7pm, 17th March)
- Volleyball: Rainbow Laces on Info Point (all this month)
Man vs Food (7pm, 9th March)
- FemSoc: Smalls for All Quiz & Donation (6pm, 6th March)
Coppafeel Event and Pamper Stall (11-3pm, 8th March)
- GeekSoc: 24hr Game Marathon (with Gameblast)
- Dance: Valentine's Speed Dating Fundraiser (7pm, 9th Feb)
- LGBTQ+: Drag Race (16th March)
- Cheerleaders: Cheerleading Showcase (24th Feb)
- Women's Rugby: 3 peaks challenge (10/11th March)
Oh... and a WHOLE BUNCH of cake sales to satisfy your sweet teeth this spring!
Keep these dates in mind and make sure you attend these great events! If you want to get involved, why not contact the different Sports & Societies and see how you can give a helping hand.