Pres Blog | Semester 2 IS HERE!
Hello YSJ! I hope you’ve had a fantastic Christmas and New Year’s break! For a lot of you it probably feels like years ago since you were sat in the SU bar celebrating the end of semester one, but DO NOT FEAR. We at the SU are here to get you pumped and ready for the next semester! Have a gander below at some of the amazing things we are doing to get you ready for the start of semester two on the 22nd of January:
- Refreshers Fair on the 24th of January. Not joined a Sport or Society yet and feel as though you’re missing out? Not to worry! All of our Sports and Societies will be attending our Refreshers Fair on the 24th of January, where they will be discussing why it’s so important for you to sign up and be a member of their club. Best thing about joining up for Refreshers is the fact it’s half way through the year as well, so half membership prices all around!
- The Royal Rumble. No this isn’t an episode of the Royle Family nor a massive binge watching of the Queen’s Speeches, BUT the infamous YSJ Royal Rumble screening is back at the SU! Head down on the evening of January the 28th to watch people get launched around the room (please do not throw anyone around, cba with that).
- LOVE YOUR SU. It’s back, and bigger than ever! On Friday the 26th of January head down to the SU to tell us how much you love your SU! We’ll have sweets, a tonne of balloons, and music blaring. It’s a chance for us at the SU to tell YOU how much we love working here, but also for staff and students alike to appreciate the amazing things SU’s do.
- Sports, Societies and WellU Programme. Sports and Societies will be back on the 22nd, and WellU programme will resume as normal on the 22nd of January.
- Karaoke RETURNS! 27th – be there.
- Refreshers Bar Crawl! On the 31st of January the Students’ Union will be hosting our annual MASS Refreshers Bar Crawl which has one universal fancy dress theme. Tickets are £4 and are available from the start of term on the 22nd of January; trust me, you don’t want to miss this.
Make sure you follow all our social media to keep updated with new events and activities throughout the semester! Let’s have the best semester yet!