- Posted 6th December 2017 at 1:00pm
SEMESTER 1 – WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
- Managed to obtain 37 reps across the School, most of which I am in regular contact with.
- Regular contact with Head of School Rob Wilsmore, who is taking onboard all issues that have been raised to me by the reps
- Working towards improving communication between Lecturers as information is often confused because they haven’t spoken
- Working to improve issues with timetabling of specialised spaces.
- Working with Rob to find ways of integrating dance more within the school.
- Working with Matthew Reason to roll out sexual harassment awareness workshops including consent training and theatrical intimacy workshops
- Trialling a 2nd to 3rd year social to give students the chance to talk to other students who have been through what they are going through in the year before. If all goes well, I’d like this to be used across all courses.
Activity to be carried out in Semester 2:
- Pre-planned rep meet-up sessions booked and planned, in the hope more reps will join.
- More drop-in sessions for semester 2.
- Ensure that timetabling has improved and issues between Societies, Converge and the PMP courses is resolved.
- Have bystander courses, consent courses and sexual harassment courses available across the school.
- Organise a whole-school soiree event for students to showcase their work by the end of the academic year.